Tuesday 25 May 2010

Development design work

Looking at Margaret Calvert road signs I was inspired to design a set of letter forms shaped in the form of a motorway direction sign after noticing that words can be made out of it


Looking at this road sign I can distinguish this shape as the letter form 'C' with the direction arrows coming out of it. I can design various different letter forms to design a typeface.


This my first attempt am not very happy with the outcome as I hesitated with designing the type and immediately started design the letter forms rotated not bearing in mind keeping the type consistent with fixed width and height. Perfecting this type in this stage was ignored therefore I will have to restart designing this type this time bearing in mind all the rules designing a typeface. The clarity and simplicity in this attempt is not evident which is one of my main targets to design a user friendly transport type.

No comments:

Post a Comment