Friday 28 May 2010

Looking at my type at first glance can look as a normal type but what are the different various aspects in  that justifies me relating it to a transport type looking at the apex, ear and tail i added a arrow shape which is associated with direction signage's this arrow is quite visible if the font is set relatively large but still looks quite good also set in a smaller size. the smooth curves represent the roads in a smooth way rather than rigid lines like a navigation system graphical direction interface. I'f I had proceeded with less smoother acurate lines it would've being disastrous as giving directions on the motorway have to be clear and straight forward for the users to understand. Looking at the art deco earlier stages art movement i wanted to leave the most important lines in the words and delete all the unnecessary lines for simplification and clarity which was one of my main targets throughout the design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment