Tuesday 25 May 2010

Formula race circuits

While watching Formula One on tv I've noticed from the contour of the racing circuits they almost look like letters this gave me the idea of researching several different Formula One racing circuits and see which letters I can make out of them.


Looking at the A1-Ring this Formula 1 race circuit was used in 1997-2003 in Spielberg. Looking at this circuit it looks quite similar the letterform 'U' or rotated upside down a letterform 'N'.


The contour of the Brands hatch in Kent is quite interesting as its shaped as the letterform 'J'. Considering the legibility of my type I started feeling that using these formula one contour lines is not as appropriate I considered. It may put off many computer users from using this typeface therefore I will develop some more ideas in the interest to create a transport legible type.



Here are some letterforms I managed to create, I would rate the readability of these letterforms 0 out of 10 and would likely never use it so therefore I will scrap this idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment